Department of Building Safety/Code Compliance
If your gas furnace does not get enough air to properly burn fuel, it will starve. This allows partially burned fuel and carbon monoxide to infiltrate back into your home causing illness-or even death.
You can prevent this from occurring by having your gas furnace inspected and cleaned once a year by a qualified heating specialist. Contact your local gas company or building department for more information.
For further information ...
Building Official Chad McClure can be reached at the Office of Building Safety/Code Compliance